Saturday, February 21, 2009

Splendid Isolation



In case you haven't noticed by now, I'm a huge Warren Zevon fan (my blog title and an earlier post title this week are all from Warren). I have to hole up for the weekend and every night next week to do the finals cram again, so it seemed appropriate. I could also extrapolate the notion to life since PA school too in some regards. I decided to move close to school for my didactic year as I didn't want to deal with traffic and a long commute -- time is one resource you can never get back. As a result, I've been a bit more "cut off" from friends out here -- not that I have spare time anyway, but between living where I do and the massive amounts of time spent with my nose in the books, I think this is the most time I've ever spent by myself. Of course, I'm a loner of sorts by nature, so I tend to fend for myself normally, but it's even more pronounced these days. And it's not necessarily a bad thing -- I am quite capable of entertaining myself and I almost need the separation right now to focus on my studies. It's also harder now that my brother is in Dallas as I don't have any family now in the state, but I made the choice to move out of Michigan years ago and it's one of those things that seems wrong at some times and necessary at others.

I probably won't have much to post until the dust settles after finals. I have a lot of info to squeeze into my noggin and can hopefully organize it all and recall it when needed. Back to the science for me ...



And remember to enjoy every sandwich!

No comments: