Thursday, February 19, 2009

Poor Poor Pitiful Me

Well, I thought I had my Clin Med final licked -- it covered the Renal unit and I walked out thinking I had aced it -- turns out I did worse than I thought. And as this test was all about the kidneys, seeing my score felt a bit like this:





I shouldn't really feel too bad -- I still got a solid B. It just seems to always happen that I do worse on the tests that I think I nailed, and better (usually) on the ones I think were disastrous. Not sure why that happens, but it's definitely been a pattern I've seen again and again since PA school.



No time to cry over spilled milk though -- have my next final -- EKG -- in the morning. I'm hoping to fare a little better on this one.



I need to stay positive going into this one. I need to convince myself that it's just 1 more test among many more that I'll take, and that I've put in the proper study time, so it should be no problem. What's the worst that could happen, right? I blow my A maybe. Life goes on. Of course, being that cool, calm, & collected is easier said than done sometimes for me. Guess it's time for my daily affirmations.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

...dude where the HELL do you find all these awesome clips and pics that fit oh so neatly with your current topic...I think it should be an art form the way you put these things together...

Daniel said...

Hey Nala,

Well, I have been collecting various clips for years, with the intention of using them someday in a blog. I just needed to get around to actually starting one up, and I figured PA school was the right time as it has been a MAJOR event in my life. Some of my friends have been prodding/encouraging me to start a music blog for years (my best friend from Michigan is a professional music writer and his work has been an inspiration of sorts to me), but right now it's hard enough to keep this one semi-regular. Many nights I have a good idea or topic but can't pull away from the books. Still, I'm starting to get the hang of it and it's become a fun little outlet.

Thanks for the kind words and expect some fairly regular posts from now on. Hopefully I won't run out of ideas or clips. Can you believe I'm ending my 3rd quarter next week? Come June I'll be done with the bookwork and off to do rotations...

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to new posts, and fully have faith that once all this here learnin' is DUN you'll create a fabulous music blog. If I haven't told you already, check out Cynic Guru in that free time you have so much of...

Come on June! If for nothing else, something different should be appealing in and of itself! Now go invent a cure for this @*)#$(# stomach flu my family is passing around! xD

P.S. I tell you yet? have a sort of blog of my own...sideshowgifts.com is where it lives. Jason (cety) does one as well.