Friday, February 20, 2009

I Fall To Pieces

Well, took my 2nd final this morning feeling pretty confident and ended up falling flat on my face, kinda like this guy, sans yarmulke.



I didn't fail the exam, but as I somewhat predicted, I did blow my A in the class. I was hoping to be a bit more Einstein than Homer Simpson, but them's the breaks sometimes.





Think I'll fire Stuart Smalley as my motivational guru -- my daily affirmations are not working as I clearly am not smart enough. Well, I suppose it also didn't help that I forgot to bring my EKG calipers to the test ...



Nothing to do now but take it like a man, dust myself off, and prepare for some more chagrin next week when I take the final four finals (is that an odd phrase or what?)

On a positive note, had our last Therapeutic Skills lab on Wednesday -- we did skin punch biopsies on the cloven hooves of pig feet and some more suturing. This time we learned the subcuticular suture, where the stitches (dissolvable) & knots are all hidden "beneath" the wound. I have to say I was a little confused about it until I actually sat down and then it made more sense. I am actually looking forward to doing some stitching on actual human flesh now -- any volunteers?

No comments: