Monday, March 2, 2009

I'm Good Now

Well, the dust has finally settled and I find myself surviving the toughest quarter yet. The last week of finals was a endless parade of semi-consciousness and went by like a blur. One of my professors even commented that I looked like I was sleepwalking. I think I slept for almost 14 hours straight following my last final. It feels extremely odd to wake up in the morning and not head immediately for the book bag. I find that I almost don't know what to do with the free time.

For the meantime, I suppose I will just be thankful for making it through another quarter. Performance-wise, it was a bit of a mixed bag; I didn't get as many A's this go-round, but on the other hand I passed all of the 20+ tests and don't have any C's either. In other words, I'll take it! Success these days is measured by being able to move on to the next semester rather than letter grades.



Doubt I'll be getting into too much trouble this week -- have a lot of odds and ends to catch up on and need to go look at some apartments for my upcoming clinical year. It's starting to really warm up already -- high of 89 tomorrow so perhaps a little pool time is in order.



I've had Curb Your Enthusiasm in heavy rotation lately -- here is one of my all-time favorite LD moments, where he does what he does best -- beating a dead horse and prolonging an argument by repeatedly insisting his point of view and refusing to "let it go" in the infamous "Doctor's Phone" segment:



Well, I'm off to enjoy my brief down time and recharge for my *last* didactic quarter, which hasn't really sunk in yet and doesn't seem possible.

"Life is never made unbearable by circumstances, but only by lack of meaning and purpose" -- Victor Frankl

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ROFL on the clip...
I have days where I'm like that. Um. Argumentative. Not drooling. xD

Woohoo! Finals are over and super grats on the good grades! So you have what, a week off? Don't spend it all in one place? xD

P.S. thanks for the comments on Sideshowgifts.com xD