Monday, November 17, 2008

the hits just keep on coming ...

Well, I did survive the end of my finals, though I did not escape unscathed. After a string of A's on the midweek finals, I took another beating at the end of the week on my Women's Health final. This was me leaving school that day:



Yes, it is a pathetic sight to see a grown man crying. I know I need to cut myself a little bit of slack and remind myself how lucky I am to even be in the program -- there are many, many, many who apply every year (and sometimes year after year) and don't get in. Still, it's a blow to the pride when you fail an exam, regardless of the consequences. I'm one to be especially tough on myself, so I have a hard time rolling with the punches sometimes, but I'll get over it. I think you do learn a lot from your mistakes (and let's just say I learned a lot on this last test).

So, later that evening, after seeing my score online through tear-stained eyes and doing some quick math, I found out I was still going to pass the course. Needless to say, that lifted my spirits in a hurry, and my demeanor quickly changed to:





Ah how the tides can turn. And after doing some more quick math, it looks like my GPA will actually be higher this quarter than last, so I'm at least doing something right. What an emotional rollercoaster ride so far -- though now I have a nice 2 week break to rest, relax, and refocus before heading back for what I have been told will be the toughest quarter yet. Rachel, does this all sound familiar to you?

No comments: